ACADEMIC MENTORING FOR YOUTH
Do you work with youth between the ages of 7 and 24? Would you like more support both academically and personally for them?
Academic Mentoring is a free program that gives young people accountability, support, and self-confidence. This is especially important right now, when so many youth are struggling due to the ongoing pandemic.
Academic Mentors are a diverse group of volunteers representing a vast array of occupations and experiences.
Each mentor completes a background check prior to being available for parents/guardians to match with their child.
The meetings will focus on academic support in one or more areas (depending on the child’s needs, and the skills of the mentor). The Academic Mentor will also spend time supporting the youth in a mentoring capacity, through listening and prioritizing what is important to the mentee in their life, and setting both academic and personal goals.
Partnering with Be A Mentor!
Be A Mentor is partnering with schools, school districts, and youth-serving agencies throughout the US to bring mentoring to more youth.
We recruit, train, and background check mentors all through an online application process. Mentors are then available to matched with mentees on our virtual platform.
Virtual mentoring allows mentors from all over the country, in all walks of life to connect to youth from anywhere with an internet connection.
Benefits for agencies and schools:
- Add value to your programs with mentoring
- Free for youth to sign up
- Matches managed by parents (or sponsors) instead of staff
- Students with mentors have better attendance, more motivation, and better grades than without mentors:
- Girls with a mentor are two and a half times more likely than girls without a mentor to be confident in their ability to be successful at school.
- Mentored boys are two times more likely to believe that school is fun and that doing well academically is important.
Ready to get involved? Click on a time below to book an appointment with our Director of Mentoring Programs. Or use this form to get more information.