What is Academic Mentoring?
The COVID-19 Pandemic has exacerbated many of the issues that youth were facing before the pandemic
- A trusted, caring adult spends at least one hour per week with their mentee using Be A Mentor''''s Virtual Mentoring Platform.
- Mentors focus on goal setting, homework help, and career exploration.
- Virtual mentoring removes barriers of distance, requires no commute time, and can offer a flexible schedule.
Now youth are dealing with:
- Isolation and Anxiety
- Falling behind in their studies
- Low self esteem
- Disbelief in a positive future
Academic Mentoring is life changing for youth.